MeshKit v1.3 Overview
MeshKit is an integrated system for editing and optimising meshes, along with a unique automatic mesh management system that helps to prevent accidental deletion or modification of meshes when sharing them across scenes ( a common scenario for combining meshes or using prefabs with shared meshes).
MeshKit offers some handy tools to flip meshes, make them double-sided, or to dynamically rebuild them with or without tangents and normals on the fly – all without affecting the original meshes. You can even recreate Light mapping UVs (Editor Only).
MeshKit excels at combining 3D assets that were not even designed for games, offering a dedicated approach for dealing with Submeshes using powerful separation tools.
MeshKit provides its functionality in 3 ways; Editor Tools, Runtime Components and a fully accessible API.
- Separate and combine Meshes.
- Fully handles combination of meshes over 64k vertices.
- Set the maximum number of vertices per combined object.
- Invert meshes.
- Make meshes double-sided.
- Strip unneeded vertices and extras from meshes.
- Dynamically remove or add tangents and normals.
- Recreate Light mapping UVs (Editor Only).
- Easy to use Editor Tools.
- Runtime components.
- Powerful and easy to use API.
- Automatic asset management for your processed meshes. Prevent accidental deletion of processed meshes when sharing them between scenes and easily delete unused meshes to free up memory with the “Clean Scene” tool.
Requirements – Unity 2017.4 or higher ( MeshKit scripts should also work in Unity 4.7 and 5.x ).
MeshKit Tutorial Videos
1) MeshKit – Editing Meshes
Find out how to make basic edits to meshes and touch on the basics of MeshKit’s automatic Asset Management.
2) MeshKit – Mesh Optimization
Explore the workflow of efficiently optimizing your scenes. This video concentrates on the “Separate” and “Combine” tools.
3) MeshKit – Runtime Tools
Another powerful way to use MeshKit is at runtime. This is easy with either the API or the powerful and convenient runtime components. This video explores how easy it is to use the runtime components.
4) MeshKit – Automatic Asset Management Explained
MeshKit helps you to organise your new meshes and helps you to avoid any issues with combining meshes. In other tools, if you combine a mesh in one scene and make a change in another, everything breaks. Not in MeshKit! This shows you how MeshKit handles meshes and prefabs to keep you working the “easy” way! 🙂
Here you can find ways to get support or download the MeshKit documentation. Don’t forget to watch the videos over in the “Videos” tab! 🙂
Unity MeshKit Forum
MeshKit Version History
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR PROJECTS BEFORE UPDATING!
- Tested with Unity 2018.x
- The automatic Scene Fixer tool now updates relevant Mesh Colliders when scenes are duplicated.
- A help box has been added to the recreate normals tool.
- Bug fix when trying to create tangents on a Mesh without UVs.
- Updated For Unity 2017.4
- Fixed harmless console errors relating to GUI Layout in Unity 2017.x
- You can now use threshold angles when calculating normals, both at runtime and in the editor.
- Updated For Unity 5.5
- Mesh Asset Management Updated For Unity 5.4
- You can now set the maximum number of vertices on each combined object.
- Light map UVs can be recreated in the Rebuild tab. [BUGFIX] Separating Meshes should now correctly remember the light probe settings in Unity 5.4 and higher.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed an issue where a mesh could have more than Unity’s uppermost limit for vertices.
- Legacy Support For Unity 4.7.x
- First commercial release of MeshKit.
Are you ready to integrate a powerful mesh API into your Unity Projects? Buy the MeshKit plugin now!Or, get it from the Unity Asset Store >>